2020 New Orleans Winter Board Meeting FAQs
New Orleans is a city of incredible history and cuisine. We’ve tried to balance activities with time for you to explore on your own. Please come early and enjoy what the City and surrounding areas have to offer.
Drury Inn & Suites
You may contact the hotel directly at (504) 529-7800. Identify yourself as an attendee of the 2020 CLC Winter Board Meeting and use code CLC. To receive the special group rate of $145 plus tax, guest room reservations must be confirmed by December 27, 2019. The block starts on Tuesday, January 28, and runs through Sunday, February 2, 2020.
The Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans is located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building, just one block from the St. Charles Trolley and offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter.
- Free hot breakfast: Enjoy scrambled eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit, make-your-own Belgian waffles, potatoes, sausage, pastries, coffee and more.
- Free 5:30 Kickback: At the end of your day enjoy our FREE rotating menu of dinnertime snacks, cold beverages, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more.
- Free soda and popcorn: Enjoy free, freshly popped popcorn and an ice-cold soda available in the lobby.
- Free Wi-Fi: Whether you need to check in, check off,
capture, conference, update, or download, free Wi-Fi
is always available.
- Parking: Onsite covered parking is $32 plus tax per night. All cars will be valet parked; self-parking is not available. In/out privileges are available at no additional charge. Oversized vehicles are charged an additional fee.
- Check-in time 3 p.m., check-out time 11 a.m. Heated outdoor courtyard pool and whirlpool.
Here are a few things you need to know so you can make plans to come to the Winter Board Meetings:
DATES: January 29–February 1, 2020
LOCATION: Drury Inn & Suites, 820 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA, 70112-1016, (504) 529-7800
TRAVEL: Airport: Louis Armstrong International Airport, 14 miles away. Transportation $24 one way or $44 roundtrip—airport shuttle, (504) 522-3500; Uber or Lyft are available.
WEATHER: Weather averages for the end of January—high of 64 and low of 45…sounds perfect!
Laissez le bon temps rouler
(Let the good times roll)
Wednesday: A day to explore on your own. Take the Hop-On/ Hop-Off tour bus, an easy orientation of what New Orleans has to offer. Includes narration of the city sights, and a self-guided tour of the Lafayette Cemetery. With the three-day ticket, you also get a walking tour of the Quarter and the Garden District. citysightseeingneworleans.com
Thursday: We’ll go to the National World War II Museum, an expansive depiction of the war that changed the world. Our time there will include lunch and a USO-style show by the Victory Belles. (Please make your reservations as soon as you can, as we have a significant required minimum to secure the show.) Transportation will be available after the show to return to the hotel if you wish. However, the museum is very large and you may wish to stay until the 5 p.m. closing. Return to hotel on your own by walking or other transportation. nationalww2museum.org
Friday: We will go via motor coach to a fabulous car collection, including arcade games and toys. Lunch is included. Friday evening: Special dinner for the board of directors and their guests.
Plan to come early; New Orleans and the surrounding areas have so much to offer.
Note: New Orleans is known for its seafood; thus, most meals will include it. Please let us know if you have a seafood allergy.
Things to Do Near the Hotel
- French Quarter (via South Peters Street, 1.3 miles from the hotel)
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas (via Convention Center Boulevard, .5 mile from the hotel)
- The National World War II Museum (via Julia and Camp streets, .5 mile from the hotel)
- Fulton Alley (via South Peters Street and Fulton Street, .2 mile from the hotel)
- W.I.N.O. (Wine Institute of New Orleans) (via Tchoupitoulas Street, .2 mile from the hotel)
- The Howlin’ Wolf (Live Entertainment) (via South Peters Street, .2 mile from the hotel)
- The Riverwalk (via Convention Center Boulevard, .5 mile from the hotel)
- The Shops at Canal Place (upscale movie theater inside, via South Peters Street, .5 mile from the hotel)
- Escape My Room (via Commerce and Lafayette streets, .3 mile from the hotel)
- Mardi Gras World (via Tchoupitoulas Street, 1.2 miles from the hotel)
- Louisiana Children’s Museum (typically for children under 10, via Julia Street, .1 mile from the hotel)
- Harrah’s Casino (via South Peters Street, .5 mile from the hotel)
For online registration questions, please contact Peter Gariepy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 247-5918.
Printable Registration Form
Rather print and mail in your registration form? No problem. Download the form here.