2019 CLC Museum & Research Center Calendar Photo Contest
Sunday, September 16, 2018
This is an excellent way to support the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center (CLCMRC), and have a picture of your pride and joy featured in our annual calendar.
The 2019 edition will be our 26th calendar. Proceeds of the calendar go to the benefit of the CLCMRC, a charitable 501(c)(3) and educational organization dedicated to preserving the history of the Cadillac and LaSalle marques.
The CLCMRC calendar each year is a Cadillac & LaSalle Club members’ favorite and has won numerous awards.
From all the pictures submitted by CLC members, fourteen (14) cars are chosen to be featured in the calendar. The photo contest is open to any Cadillac and LaSalle vehicle, plus Cadillac commercial, military and industrial applications. The vehicle must be owned by a CLC member in good standing.
Photo submission deadline Monday, Sept. 24, 2018!
- We’re interested in eye-catching color. Appealing color includes both the vehicle and its background elements.
- Consider using a ladder or getting down on the ground. Photos of your car from above and below make a difference.
- Is the vehicle in focus? Details of the vehicle, chrome, color, fit and finish are important.
- What’s in the background? Does it enhance or detract from the vehicle? Please make sure lots of background is all around the vehicle. We need room to position the vehicle on the calendar page for trimming.
- Where is the sun? The best pictures are at dawn, dusk, or a cloudy day, where there is subdued sunlight. If there is sun, make sure it's at your back.
You may submit more than one pose of your vehicle(s). If we receive pictures of the same model vehicle from another member, you increase the chance of being selected with multiple poses.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS
Photographs from a film camera (old-style). Submit a 10" x 8" or larger photograph. Please mail in a reinforced envelope.
Photos from a digital camera.
Please send the best quality and largest files possible. Your digital camera must be able to produce high-resolution images, with a minimum of 3,600 x 2,700 pixels per image (12" x 9" at 300 dpi). Don’t forget to set your camera to the highest possible image-quality setting.
Another good method of determining the quality of a photo is to look at the size of the file. This size can vary greatly depending on the content of the picture and the file type.
As a general standard, we prefer images over 5MB, but no more than 10MB (our Internet service provider’s maximum limit on attachments).
Digital photo submissions should be one of two file types: .jpg or .tif. If your camera produces a file format other than these two, you’ll need to use the software that came with your camera to convert the image to one of these formats. Photos under 10MB can be compressed and e-mailed; anything larger should be burned to a CD and snail-mailed.
Photographs and files must be received no later than Sept. 24, 2018. You must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want your photos returned.
If sending via snail mail, please send your photographs to:
Janutol Printing Co
9920 Conner St.
Detroit, MI 48213-1245 USA
If you have any questions about the calendar photo contest, please feel free to email the address above or call Pete at (313) 526-6196.